Frequently Asked Questions: Nutrition Coaching
- What is your background and what areas of nutrition do you specialize in? I’m a registered dietitian nutritionist (RD/RDN) with a master’s degree (MS) in Nutrition. I started my nutrition career as a clinical dietitian working with cancer patients at a well-known integrative treatment center located in Chicago before moving to Colorado and opening up my own nutrition communications and coaching business in 2015. I specialize in: weight management; mindful/intuitive eating; plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free lifestyles; reducing cancer risk with nutrition, and healthy eating before, during, and after pregnancy.
- What does the RD/RDN credential mean? How is a registered dietitian different than a nutritionist? In short, all registered dietitians are nutritionists, but not all nutritionists are registered dietitians. To earn the RD/RDN (registered dietitian/registered dietitian nutritionist) credential, professionals must complete an accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree nutrition program, graduate from a lengthy accredited internship program, pass a national accreditation nutrition examination, and earn accredited continuing education credits throughout the entirety of their careers. That guru handing out nutrition recommendations on Instagram? Yeah, they probably didn’t go through any of this – and while a few are fantastic, a good number of these self-proclaimed experts are causing their clients and followers more harm than good because of it. Don’t waste your money on a guru who can’t back up their message with real education and experience!
- Most of your recipes are vegetarian but I eat meat and dairy. Can we still work together? Of course! I love helping my clients eat more wholesome plant foods but many continue to eat some meat and dairy products. I fully support this and will work with you to find the right balance for your unique lifestyle. All foods fit! 🙂
- Should I go on one last diet to lose weight before getting started with the Happy Healthy Whole program? No way! The “One Last Diet” trap is one of the biggest reasons I see men and women failing to reach their wellness goals. Diets are the problem, so how can they be part of the solution? Think, how have past diets worked out for you? Were you able to maintain the weight loss or did you end up gaining it all back (and then some) in the long-run? Don’t waste your time! Click here to view my “One Last Diet Trap” tip sheet.
- I’m new to mindful eating. What can I expect? Ditching diets and learning to listen to your body is a process. I’ve been through it all and I’ll be there for you each step of the way. Click here to view my Stages of Becoming an Intuitive Eater tip sheet.
- Do you offer a money-back guarantee? I’m confident that my program will help you adopt sustainable healthy habits and include more nutritious whole foods in your lifestyle. If you complete the full program (attend all calls and finish suggested exercises/worksheets) and don’t feel like it led to better health, I’ll send you a full refund and do whatever I can to make it right.
- Do you offer free consultations? I understand that choosing a registered dietitian is a big commitment, so I offer free introductory consultations (15-20 minutes) to all prospective coaching clients. During the call, we’ll spend some time getting to know each other, go over the program overview and discuss questions. Please email me (email@example.com) to schedule a complimentary no-commitment consultation today!
Make Delicious Healthy Meals at Home!
Sign up to get my free PDF download, 101 Plant-Based Meal + Snack Ideas, sent straight to your inbox!