With the addition of fresh mint, this chocolate shake is the perfect nutritious St. Patrick's Day treat. But why stop there? This shake is made with only 4 simple whole food ingredients, making it a wholesome option for any day.
I planned on sharing the greenest green shamrock smoothie with you today in honor of St. Paddy's but I somehow ended up with this.
Chocolate just kind of snuck in...but it was definitely a change of course for the better.
It isn't the greenest smoothie you'll ever have...but it could very well be the tastiest.
I've always loved the combination of chocolate and mint. Maybe it goes back to my girl scout days but for me, a minty dessert just isn't the same without some cacao-licious goodness.
Unlike a certain more well-known minty shake, my version is free of dairy, added sugar, and artificial flavors and dyes.
That refreshing natural mint flavor you've been waiting for? You'll find it by adding fresh mint leaves...not mint-flavored high fructose corn syrup. (Imagine that!) 😉
To make this simple chocolatey treat, you'll just need a frozen banana, fresh mint, cacao powder, and your favorite milk.
The result is a delicious and festive chocolate shake that is completely appropriate for dessert, breakfast, snack, and/or any other time that your little heart desires some mint-chocolate love.
To turn this simple dessert into a balanced meal, just add your choice of soft tofu, chia seeds, hemp seeds, nut butter, avocado, and/or your favorite protein powder to bulk it up a bit.
I'm telling you, deliciousness doesn't come much more easily than this.
Fresh Mint Chocolate Shake
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- Optional add-ins: soft tofu chia/hemp seeds, nut butter, protein powder
- Optional toppings: additional mint leaves cacao nibs
- Add all ingredients except toppings to blender and blend until smooth. Add additional milk or ice if needed to reach desired consistency. Transfer to a glass and enjoy immediately.