This fall-inspired vegetarian pizza is topped with roasted Brussels sprouts, creamy goat cheese, sweet-and-tart cranberries, and crunchy walnuts. Who knew Thanksgiving leftovers could be so delicious?
It’s the day after the big feast, and if you hosted, you’re probably wondering what on Earth you’re going to do with all of those leftovers.
Well, let me tell you.
Pizza is the answer. (When is it not?)
Ain’t no shame in my store-bought game. You can feel sure of that.
One of my favorite flavor combinations on the planet is Brussels sprouts, goat cheese, cranberry, and walnut. I think I tried it somewhere as a salad first, but that’s extended out to wraps, bowls, and now, pizza.
Savory, sweet, creamy, a little tart, a bit of crunch. It’s a classic you’ll want to remember. For sure.
I know some people aren’t the biggest goat-cheese fans, and in that case, I recommend substituting with fresh mozzarella. You can also use a creamy, nut-based cheese if you want to make this dairy-free and vegan.
The crust I used was made by Against the Breadbox (a Colorado company). It was crispy and delicious, and also happens to be gluten-free, so with that option, this really is a customizable recipe everyone can enjoy.
The perfect mix of convenience and flavor makes this Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pizza the ideal meal for getting back into your post-holiday groove.
Did you ever think you’d feel this thankful about the leftovers in your fridge? See? Pizza is always the answer.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pizza with Cranberries, Walnuts and Goat Cheese
- 1 12-inch pizza crust (see note)
- ¾ cup fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (see note)
- ½ cup roasted brussels sprouts, chopped (see note)
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced red onion (¼-inch thick)
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry cranberries
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- Crushed red pepper
- Dry oregano
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit (or according to crust instructions). Place pizza stone on center rack to heat, if using.
- Place pizza crust on a flat surface and spread crushed tomatoes on top, leaving about ½-inch crust visible around the edges. Sprinkle with oregano, basil, and salt and pepper. Spread goat cheese, brussels sprouts, and red onion on top of crushed tomatoes. Add shaved parmesan cheese, dry cranberries, and walnuts.
- Carefully transfer pizza to pizza stone (or baking sheet) and bake on the center rack of the oven 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges of crust are golden brown. (Baking time may vary depending on type of crust used. Watch closely.)
- Remove pizza from oven and slice into 8 pieces. Garnish with crushed red pepper, oregano, and grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Like what you see? Save this Cranberry Goat Cheese Brussels Sprouts Pizza on Pinterest or click on the buttons below to share this recipe with a friend.