Nuts, seeds, oats, dates, chocolate. All wrapped up in one convenient, nutrient dense energy bar. Are you ready for this?
I know I am.
I'm so ready for these chocolate energy bars, in fact, that I ate them all three days before the travel I had prepped them in advance for. So, here I am, on the way to Chicago (wedding) and then straight on to Florida (conference), with zero healthy snacks on board.
Sometimes you try your best to plan ahead but still end up with no other choice than to eat croissants and sip margaritas from the airport bar at 11:30 am.
If you can make them last (consider prepping them same-day to be safe), these energy bars are the most delicious travel companion.
Part brownie, part chocolate bar, part Lårabar copycat, 100% nourishing.
Healthy travel is well within reach.
These bars may taste like an indulgent dessert but they also totally qualify as a "healthy" energy bar too.
You'll get quick energy from the healthy carbohydrates in dates and oats, along with longer-lasting fuel from the protein and healthy fats in almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, and tahini.
Chia and hemp seeds also provide essential omega 3 fatty acids, which could potentially offer additional benefits related to heart health, cognition, and inflammatory conditions like cancer and arthritis.
Chocolate Nut and Seed Energy Bars
- 1.5 cup pitted dates roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon water
- ⅔ cup almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoon tahini my tahini is pretty thin, you may need to add more water if the dough crumbles easily
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Add dates and water to food processor and process until broken down. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until mixture sticks when pressed together.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper (optional) and press mixture into the dish with hand or back of spoon. Keep pressing until even and smooth.
- Store in the freezer for about 20 minutes to set.
- Remove parchment paper from dish and place dough on cutting board. Cut into 8 rectangular pieces and enjoy.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
[Tweet "Snack well with these energy-rich Chocolate Nut & Seed Energy Bars."]