I’m celebrating 31 years on this planet with tropical green tea matcha margaritas! Who wants to join me?
To be real, my birthday was yesterday and I made these margaritas more than a week ago in honor of this month’s cocktail/mocktail challenge for The Recipe Redux. It was a bright, warm, and sunny Friday afternoon—perfect for frozen cocktails bursting with tropical flavor from banana, mango, and avocado. Fast forward a few days and here I am looking out my window at what must be at least a foot of snow.
Usually, I think of my birthday as the start of summer. It always fell right at the end of the school year and right when the weather was really starting to heat up in the Midwest. Thankfully, I’ll be on my way over to New Orleans for the Today’s Dietitian Spring Symposium (and more legit margarita weather) by the time this post goes live—you can follow along with me on my #TDinNOLA trip on Instastories and Twitter!
No matter what the weather looks like wherever you are, these cheerful tropical green tea Matcha Margaritas are sure to bring a little sunshine (along with antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats) into your day. Cheers!
Mango Matcha Margaritas
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ peeled ripe avocado
- ½ large frozen banana
- ¼ cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup club soda or sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice about 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 4 ounces tequila optional
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey if not vegan; optional
- Optional garnish: salt lime zest, lime slices, jalapeño slices
- Combine ice, avocado, banana, mango, club soda/sparkling water, lime, matcha, and tequila (if using) in a blender and blend on high until smooth. (If consistency is too thick, try adding a little more club soda before pulsing 2-3 more times. If too thin, try adding a little more fruit or ice and blend again until smooth.)
- If serving with a salted rim, spread a thin layer of salt and lime zest on a small plate. Rinse glasses and set upside down on the plate, spinning glasses to fully coat each rim with salt and lime zest. Turn glasses back over and pour margaritas from the blender into each glass. Add lime and/or jalepeño slices to rims if desired and enjoy!
[clickToTweet tweet="Cool off with delicious #plantbased tropical green tea #Matcha Margaritas!" quote="Cool off with delicious plant-based tropical green tea Matcha Margaritas!"]
What's your favorite cocktail or mocktail?
More matcha recipes to love:
Did you enjoy these Mango Matcha Margaritas?
Sign up below to receive more healthy plant-based recipes straight to your inbox.