This probiotic smoothie is sponsored by GoodBelly Probiotics. I was compensated for my time, and I’m eligible to win prizes in the Reboot Recipe Contest hosted by Go Dairy Free.
Even without an ounce of yogurt, this dairy-free smoothie bowl has probiotics and a creamy mouthfeel that’s sometimes lacking in vegan recipes.
I have two secrets for getting the perfect creamy and delicious dairy-free probiotic smoothie. I discovered the first earlier this year, while blending up Mango Matcha Margaritas to celebrate my birthday and the start of summer. I grew a year older that day, and much, much wiser—I’ve been tossing ripe avocados into the mix ever since. It’s the best way to get lots of flavor and creamy texture without yogurt.
My second dairy-free smoothie secret? GoodBelly Probiotics Cultured Coconut Water. Probiotics can help with digestion, immunity, and overall health—but you need to take the right strain and get enough of the good stuff to make a real difference.
Luckily, each cup of GoodBelly’s Cultured Coconut Water has 20 billion cultures of a well-studied and naturally-occurring strain of probiotics (LP299V). Use Cultured Coconut Water in smoothie recipes or drink it right out of the carton—the refreshing Citrus Breeze flavor is sure to keep you hydrated while you soak up these last few drops of summer.
The good people at GoodBelly have been kind enough to gift one reader a 20 day supply of their probiotic drinks—enter the giveaway this week on my Instagram page! And even if you don’t win, you can still download a free GoodBelly product coupon and get started with the 12 Day GoodBelly Reboot on September 12th. Visit the 12 Day GoodBelly Reboot page to sign up!
Serve this Coconut Melon Avocado Smoothie in a glass, or—my personal preference—go all out and pour your smoothie into a honeydew melon bowl. Load up those toppings and send the summer season off right.
[clickToTweet tweet="#ad Send the summer season off right with a @GoodBellyDrink Smoothie Bowl! #12DayGoodBellyReboot" quote="#ad Send the summer season off right with a @GoodBellyDrink Smoothie Bowl! #12DayGoodBellyReboot"]
Coconut Melon Avocado Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup honeydew melon reserve halved melon for smoothie bowl if desired
- 1 peeled and frozen banana
- 1 peeled and pitted avocado
- ½ cup frozen raspberries plus additional for topping if desired
- ½ cup GoodBelly Cultured Coconut Water Citrus Breeze Flavor
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- Toppings optional: frozen raspberries, hemp seeds
- Prepare the melon bowl: Remove the seeds from a halved honeydew melon, and scoop out 50% of the fruit from inside (about 1 cup). Roughly chop the scooped out fruit and add it to your blender. Set the halved melon bowl aside until smoothie is ready.
- Prepare the smoothie: Add banana, avocado, raspberries, Cultured Coconut Water, and ground flax to the blender. Blend on high until smooth, and pour smoothie into the melon bowl (or into a glass if preferred). Top with raspberries and hemp seeds if desired. Enjoy!