Two recipes in two days? It’s true! I couldn’t pass up The Recipe Redux’s 6th birthday celebration—or an opportunity to make a small bite dessert—so I’m back again today with the perfect small bite for your next summer party: Cherry Berry Brownie Bites.
Stuffed with fresh cherries and strawberries, these brownie bites are definitely party-ready and just one more reason I can’t get enough seasonal fruit in my belly lately. (Reasons #2-4 are these Black Bean Street Tacos with Tropical Fruit Salsa, this Cucumber Mango Jicama Salad, and these Mango Matcha Margaritas.) I decided to take a quick break from my mango obsession to share a new favorite way to eat more fresh cherries and strawberries this season.
I don’t know about you but I’m a huge fan of small bite desserts. If I’m already feeling full, a one-bite portion makes it easy to satisfy my sweet tooth without making myself sick. At parties, I love small bites just because they give me a greater opportunity to try every last treat on the table that sounds good to me.
I also love the sweet yet tart flavor and the ooey-gooey texture that fresh fruit lends to these brownie bites. You can make them ahead of time and store them in the freezer for up to a few months, which means an extra batch or two made this berry season should be enough to last through fall.
So happy 6th birthday Recipe Redux and thank you for giving me yet another reason to munch on chocolate all day long. 🙂
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil substitute with melted butter if desired
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar substitute with coconut sugar if desired
- 2 large eggs substitute with flax eggs if desired, see note
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour substitute with flour of choice
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted and chopped cherries
- 1 cup hulled and chopped strawberries
- ⅔ cup chocolate chunks or cacao nibs optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line an 8x8” square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Gradually mix in flour, cocoa powder, and salt (you may find it easier to use a mixer or your hands to fully mix). Fold in cherries, strawberries, and chocolate chunks/cacao nibs(if using) and then spread the batter into the pan, using your hands or a spatula to spread evenly and flatten the top. Place the pan on the center rack of your oven and bake 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into bite-sized pieces. Enjoy within the next week or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
HEALTHY-EATING INSPIRATION, DELIVERED
ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO ACCESS MY LIST OF 101 DELICIOUS MEAL AND SNACK IDEAS!