Seasonal veggies and a tangy mustard vinaigrette put this quick and easy Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner on top of my weeknight cooking list.
When I think about weeknight dinners, my mind goes immediately to all things quick, easy, and nourishing. Everyday cooking is all about efficiency, but I’m not willing to sacrifice good flavor to save a few minutes, either.
Some shortcuts (like swapping in canned beans) are necessary when you’re short on time, but others (looking at you, premade sauces) usually aren’t worth it. It takes less than 2 minutes (literally) to whisk together a homemade vinaigrette and the flavor is so, SO much better.
What I really love about this Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner is that it only requires about 7 minutes of active time in the kitchen, and that’s including the homemade Maple Thyme Mustard sauce. How’s that for weeknight friendly?
How to Make a Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner
This sheet pan dinner is the definition of easy.
First you mix together the veggies in a large bowl: chickpeas, carrots, green beans, radishes, oil, and lemon. Stir it all around (you can use a spatula or your hands) until everything is evenly coated with oil. Then spread the mixture on a sheet pan and bake it for about a half hour.
You technically could call it a day right here, but you remember what I said about homemade sauce, right?
Whisking mustard with a little oil and vinegar (plus some fresh thyme, maple, and garlic) is one of the quickest ways to pump up the flavor of this sheet pan dinner—or any grain bowl or salad you make this season.
I make the dressing right after I pop the sheet pan in the oven so the flavors have time to marinate on the counter while everything else is cooking.
I also like to serve this meal with brown rice (basmati is my fave) and a few flavorful add-ons like capers, parsley, and toasted pine nuts.
A little bit extra, I know, but still decidedly weeknight.
Chickpeas and seasonal vegetables are roasted and drizzled with a flavorful Maple Thyme Mustard Vinaigrette in this vegan sheet pan dinner recipe.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed if canned
- 5 carrots, halved (I used rainbow carrots)
- 16 green beans (½ pound)
- 6 radishes, halved (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper
- Brown rice
- Pine nuts, toasted if desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and position a rack in the center position of oven. Stir chickpeas, carrots, green beans, radishes, grapeseed oil, lemon juice, onion powder, and salt and pepper until mixed. Spread on a sheet pan and bake 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and chickpeas are crispy.
- While the sheet pan is in the oven, prepare the mustard vinaigrette. Whisk extra virgin olive oil, cider vinegar, whole grain mustard, maple syrup, fresh thyme, garlic, and salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and transfer to serving bowl. Pour mustard vinaigrette on top and serve with brown rice, capers, parsley, and pine nuts if desired.
Cover and store leftovers in refrigerator up to one week.