I love the sweet and earthy flavors that beets bring to the table but if you’re new to them or don’t feel as confident, this is the recipe for you.
Disclosure: This recipe contains pulses (beans). North American Pulses is a client of mine but I was not compensated for this post.
It’s one of the first recipes I learned how to make with beets—and for good reason. This roasted beet bean dip couldn’t be any easier to put together. If you can make basic hummus, you’re good to go. Combined with black beans, jalapeño, lime, and tahini, this recipe also has plenty of complimentary flavors to balance out the beets. Plus, can we just talk about that color? My eyes do a little happy dance every. single. time.
Looking for another bright, colorful, and seasonal way to enjoy beets? Try them in my favorite fruit and veggie breakfast smoothie and don’t forget to hold on to the beet greens—I like sautéing them with oil and garlic for a 5 minute healthy side dish.
- 1 bunch peeled and diced beetroot about 3 medium beets
- 1 tbsp cooking oil of choice I usually use grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.25 cups cooked black beans prepare in advance or use 1-15 ounce can drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño roughly chopped, seeds removed if desired
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- Optional: olive oil for drizzling; serve with pita crackers, or your favorite dipping vegetables
- Preheat oven to 375º F and prepare a baking sheet. Toss chopped beets with oil, salt, and pepper, and spread on the baking sheet. Roast until beets tender, about 20-25 minutes and allow to cool slightly before adding roasted beets to the food processor.
- Add beets and remaining ingredients except olive oil and process on medium-high until smooth, pausing to scape edges with a spatula as needed. Transfer to a bowl or jar and drizzle with olive oil if desired before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze in a freezer-safe container for up to 3-6 months.
What’s your favorite hummus or bean dip flavor?
HEALTHY-EATING INSPIRATION, DELIVERED
ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO ACCESS MY LIST OF 101 DELICIOUS MEAL AND SNACK IDEAS!