Cheesy roasted chickpeas make a delicious snack or savory topping for soups, salads, and grain bowls. You don't need to be vegan to fall in love with this plant-based recipe!
I'm all about the crunchy-and-savory combination, especially when it comes to snacks (but always, really).
They're something I make over and over again in my own kitchen.
Today, my roasted-chickpea game is all about the best way to add cheesy flavor to vegan food, nutritional yeast. Along with a punch of herbaceous flavor from crushed rosemary, thyme, and oregano, it's enough to make me swoon over garbanzo beans.
(Admittedly, this is not a difficult feat.)
Regardless, these cheesy roasted chickpeas have plant-based protein, and they're packed with gut-boosting fiber, too. They're not the type of snack where you'll feel like you're running on empty a few minutes later.
Don't count them out at mealtime, either.
Delicious, nutritious, easy, and versatile.
You might as well start mixing up a double batch.
Cheesy Herb Roasted Chickpeas (Vegan)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F and prepare a baking pan.
- Dry chickpeas by rolling them in between paper towel sheets or a clean kitchen towel and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in grapeseed oil, nutritional yeast, crushed rosemary, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Spread on baking pan and place on the center rack of oven. Cook 20 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy and golden.
Like what you see? Save these cheesy roasted chickpeas on Pinterest or share the recipe with a friend.
p style="text-align: right;">Last updated December 6, 2018.