This is the best time of year to treat yourself to a strawberry yogurt parfait is layered with fresh berries, dairy-free yogurt, and crunchy chocolate chia seed granola.
(This post is sponsored by So Delicious®. As always, all opinions are my own.)
There is so much to love about this time of year, but I think the fresh strawberries are my favorite part. They’re a true harbinger of warmer days ahead and you just know spring is in full swing once strawberry season rolls around.
I recently picked up a load of fresh strawberries and used them to add sweet and tart fruity flavors to everything from breakfast to dessert. I’m be sharing a few of my favorite recipes in honor of the season here on the blog this week.
First off is this vegan Strawberry Yogurt Parfait, which is layered with a drool-worthy mix of fresh sliced berries, crunchy chocolate-flavored granola, and creamy, dairy-free yogurt. I love this parfait because it’s satisfying enough for breakfast, yet also decadent enough to have for dessert. A truly sweet start to Strawberry Week!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Beyond flavor, there are many nutritional benefits of eating strawberries, too. They’re a great source of antioxidants, especially vitamin C. Strawberries also have fiber for a happy gut. Paired with rolled oats, almonds, chia seeds, and dairy-free yogurt, they make a balanced and energizing breakfast to start the day.
How to Make a Strawberry Yogurt Parfait:
The majority of the work you have to do to make this yogurt parfait recipe is related to the Chocolate Chia Seed Granola, and even that is pretty minimal. Just toss all of the ingredients in a bowl, spread the mixture on a baking sheet, and bake for about 25 minutes. Once the granola is baked, allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes before breaking it into smaller pieces.
Tips for Making the Best Homemade Granola:
- Keep the oven temperature low (I set mine to 325º F) and check the granola near the end to prevent it from burning.
- If you prefer large clusters, don’t stir the granola at all while it bakes. If you want smaller pieces of crunchy granola, stir the mixture once or twice during the baking process.
- Don’t be concerned if the granola doesn’t seem as crunchy as you’d like while it’s in the oven. It will continue to get crispier as it cools.
Making your own granola is a great way to utilize pantry ingredients and avoid an extra shopping trip, but if you want to make this recipe really, really easy, store-bought granola also works fine.
Once you have the granola, there’s really only a little bit of assembly left to do. You’ll need a couple of glasses, ice cream dishes, or mason jars to hold the parfaits. Anything works, but ideally, choose containers made of clear glass, because all of the colorful layers of yogurt, berries, and granola really are the best part.
What type of yogurt is best for this recipe?
To make a vegan strawberry yogurt parfait, I like So Delicious® dairy-free yogurt alternative. For this recipe, I used their Strawberry Banana Coconutmilk flavor, but you could instead opt for vanilla, blueberry, raspberry, or any other type that sounds good to you. Besides all of the flavor options, I like that So Delicious® is part of Danone North America, which is a Certified B Corporation® working toward a more sustainable food system.
Can you make this strawberry yogurt parfait ahead of time? What’s the best way to store it?
Feel free to double the batch, since you can bake the chocolate granola for this recipe in advance. It’ll stay fresh in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Store it in an airtight container.
While you can easily prep the granola ahead of time, I recommend holding off on slicing the berries and assembling the parfait until right before serving. This ensures the best possible crunchy texture and fresh, fruity flavor. If you don’t mind if the granola loses some of its crunchiness, you can keep these parfaits fully prepared in the fridge for a few days.
Potential Ingredient Substitutions
- If you don’t have fresh strawberries, use thawed frozen berries or dried fruit. If you use dried fruit, cut the amount in half because they’re more concentrated.
- No oats or granola? Try cereal, broken cookies, or trail mix.
- If you're out of cocoa powder, substitute a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. The flavor of the granola will be different but still taste great with strawberries.
Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
- rimmed baking sheet
Chocolate Chia Seed Granola:
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or nut butter of choice
Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits:
- 2 (5.3-ounce) containers So Delicious Strawberry Banana Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
Prepare the Chocolate Chia Seed Granola:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Add oats, almonds, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Stir in maple syrup and almond butter.
- Spread the oat mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until the oats begin to harden.
- Cool granola on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. The granola will continue to crispen as it cools.
- Once cooled, use your hands to break the granola into small pieces
Prepare the Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits:
- Add a third of the So Delicious Yogurt Alternative to the bottom of two glasses. Add a third of the granola and a third of the strawberries. Repeat until all of the ingredients are used. You may have some leftover granola to save for another use.
- For the crunchiest texture, serve immediately after you assemble the parfaits. If you don’t mind softer granola, tightly cover and refrigerate the prepared parfaits for up to 3 days. Store prepared granola in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
Looking for More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
- Blackberry Overnight Oats
- Lemon Oatmeal
- Mushroom Avocado Toast
- Mango Orange Smoothie
- Tempeh Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
Save this Vegan Strawberry Yogurt Parfait on Pinterest.
Did you Try This Recipe?
Rate and leave a comment below, or tag me (@GratefulGrazer) if you share on Instagram. I’d love to hear how it went!