Have you made watermelon chia fresca drinks?
So refreshing. So delicious. And super energizing and nutritious too.
Plus, just five ingredients: chia seeds, water, watermelon, fresh mint, and lemon.
Seriously the best thing on a hot summer day when you’re looking to hydrate with something other than plain water.
And unlike plain water, chia frescas also offer antioxidants, fiber, electrolytes, energizing carbohydrates, healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and plant-based protein. (Which means you can rehydrate and energize.)
I officially need to add another beverage to my list.
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups filtered water
- 4 heaping cups seedless watermelon chopped (about 1/2 medium melon)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves (about one 3/4 ounce package)
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1-3 teaspoons of your favorite sweetener optional
- Mix together chia seeds and water in a large glass and allow to thicken for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a gel forms.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Add chia gel and pulse a couple times to mix. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge if desired.
What are your favorites summertime drinks?
[Tweet “Rehydrate and energize with this Watermelon Chia Fresca recipe!”]