Roasted Apples & Pears with thyme make a delicious addition to your fall table. This dish is great on its own, but it’s also way more than a side dish. Keep reading for some recipe inspiration for roasted fall fruits from breakfast to dessert.
Sometimes, cooking teaches me the lessons I most need to hear. Most recently, “listen to your intuition.” After a failed attempt at making tahini cookies, my gut told me to seek out the sweetness I was craving elsewhere. It’s officially fall now, and the weather here at 8600 feet has me feeling ready to break out the apples, pears, cinnamon, and thyme.
In the end, my mishap ended up being a good thing, and I’m glad I listened to my gut on this one, because out came the most cozy (in both aroma and flavor) fall dish. Here, roasted apples and pears are served up as a side dish, but you can use them in everything from breakfast to dessert. Need a few ideas?
- Serve with oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, French toast, or overnight oats at breakfast or brunch
- Mix with granola and yogurt to make a parfait
- Toss with grain salad for lunch
- Make toast with nut butter and roasted fruit
- Serve with herb roasted tempeh and miso roasted root vegetables for a plant-based plate worthy of the holidays
- Top with a scoop of ice cream for dessert
I’ve been daydreaming about the possibilities all day long, and my gut is telling me that this is one fall recipe I’ll be making over and over again.Roasted Apples & Pears with cinnamon and thyme make a delicious addition to your fall table!Click To Tweet
- 1 tablespoons sunflower oil or cooking oil of choice
- 2 large apples quartered lengthwise and cored
- 2 pears halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional, substitute with sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375º F, and heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add apples and pears to the Dutch oven, spreading them in a single layer, flesh-side down. Cook until browned on the outside, 5-7 minutes.
- Flip apples and pears so skin side is facing down in the Dutch oven. Drizzle fruit with maple syrup and top with ginger, cinnamon, thyme, and salt. Cover and place pot in the oven to roast until hot and aromatic, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Are you feeling ready for fall? Share how you’d eat these Roasted Apples & Pears in the comments below.
HEALTHY-EATING INSPIRATION, DELIVERED
ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO ACCESS MY LIST OF 101 DELICIOUS MEAL AND SNACK IDEAS!