I think we’re all still in a little state of shock today…so how about taking a few minutes to distract ourselves with naan pizza? And, just in case you need more than a few minutes, a free plant-based cookbook too?
I usually try not to eat with my emotions but man, food was a welcome distraction from the craziness of this ‘historic’ election. I couldn’t help but stress eat a few TJ’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups last night as the votes poured in.
We know that we should eat when we’re hungry and not because we’re stressed/happy/sad, so it’s easy to beat ourselves up over an emotional eating session. Last night was a little reminder that all of us humans eat for emotional reasons from time to time. All of us.
So, no, we aren’t failures for dipping into the halloween candy stash a little too hard last night.
The most important part of emotional eating is letting go and moving on afterward. I accept how those little chocolate cups served me and now I’m ready to fill up on something veggie-packed and with all the good stuff.
But…I wouldn’t exactly say that I’m feeling energized enough to put together anything too complicated.
So, vegan naan pizzas to the rescue.
This semi-homemade meal is a new favorite around here. Just spread some sauce on a piece of whole grain flatbread, add sautéed vegetables, nutritional yeast (or parmesan), and spices. 10 minutes in the oven and out comes the most comforting and delicious weeknight meal ever.
AND just in case that isn’t enough comfort for you, I’m also giving away my new downloadable plant-based cookbook for free. You can get TGG’s most popular recipes + a few underrated favorites all in one convenient, downloadable, printable package by signing up below.
You’ll also get access to my free wellness resource library when you do!
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ½ red onion (about ½ cup), peeled and sliced into 1-inch strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or granulated sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced into 1-inch pieces (I used crimini, shiitake, and oyster mushroom blend)
- 2 whole grain naan flatbreads (I used StoneFire brand, use vegan/dairy-free version if needed)
- 4-6 tablespoons tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese, plus additional for sprinkling on top if desired
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet with lid over medium heat, add onions, cover, and cook until translucent
- and tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400º F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Stir sugar and balsamic vinegar into skillet with onions. Add mushrooms, stir, and cook for
- an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place naan flatbreads on baking sheet and spread with marinara/tomato sauce, using 2-3
- tablespoons sauce for each flatbread. Divide onion/mushroom mixture and remaining
- ingredients between pizzas, spreading equally on top of each. Place on center rack of oven
- and cook until hot and flatbreads are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into slices before serving and sprinkle with additional
- nutritional yeast/parmesan and crushed red pepper before serving if desired.
Sneak peak of Simply Delicious recipes:
Raspberry Fig Smoothie Bowl
Lentil Green Smoothie
Spiced Stone Fruit Smoothie
Coconut Matcha Energy Bars
Spirulina Superfood Bites
Spicy Tempeh Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
Lunch & Dinner:
Mushroom & Caramelized Onion Naan Pizzas
Roasted Purple Sweet Potato Nourish Bowls
Favorite Vegan Tempeh Taco Filling
Roasted Eggplant Coconut Curry
Sweet Potato Spring Rolls with Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce
Vegan Deconstructed Sushi Salad
Grilled Curry Stuffed Avocados
Favorite Veggie Hummus Sandwich
Freezer-Friendly Taco Soup
Paprika Lime Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Smoky & Spicy Tofu Jerky
Roasted Tomato Avocado Toasts
Fresh Mint Chocolate Shake
Relaxing Lavender Oat Banana Ice Cream
Warm Chai Spice Bars
Enter your name and email address below to claim your free copy of Simply Delicious today!
(Already signed up? You can grab your free copy of Simply Delicious in the Members Only section.)
GET INSPIRED TO COOK MORE PLANT-BASED MEALS AT HOME!
Sign up to get my free PDF download, 101 Plant-Based Meal + Snack Ideas, sent straight to your inbox!