Whether it’s a holiday or just another day that ends with “y,” these 5-ingredient roasted rainbow carrots are a flavorful way to add some color to your plate. Rainbow carrots are roasted in a flavorful glaze of maple syrup, orange juice, and freshly-grated ginger.
Simplification is something that’s not always easy for me. I veer toward the “more is merrier” side of things. Especially when I’m in the kitchen.
More specifically, when I’m in the spice cabinet. I love combining herbs and spices so much that it’s always been a challenge for me to create recipes with just five ingredients or less.
So in the spirit of doing more with less, I came up with these simple, maple ginger roasted rainbow carrots. Proof holiday-worthy sides don’t have to be complicated.
Rainbow carrots glazed with maple syrup, freshly-squeezed orange juice, a little oil, and a healthy helping of freshly-grated ginger. I’m honestly a little amazed by how much flavor you can get out of so little.
Don’t drop this recipe come January, either. It’s an easy way to add in vegetables all year long.
We’ve already been chopping up these roasted rainbow carrots to add to tacos, bowls, and stir-fry. You’ve got to love a recipe that makes it easy to repurpose leftovers, and one that’s simple enough to prep for meals ahead of time is another big bonus.
I like the extra color that comes from the rainbow carrots, but “regular” orange carrots work just fine, too.
Speaking of color, you can’t go wrong with a pile of fresh herbs like basil or parsley. Literally never a bad idea, so you know, just figured I’d mention it.
Cheers to keeping things simple (at least most of the time).
Rainbow carrots are roasted in a flavorful glaze of maple syrup, orange juice, and freshly-grated ginger in this easy, 5-ingredient side-dish recipe.
- 1 pound rainbow carrots, cleaned (1 bunch or about 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (juice of ½ large)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1- inch piece of ginger root, grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and spread rainbow carrots on a baking pan. Place pan on center rack of oven and cook 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk orange juice, grapeseed oil, maple syrup, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- After carrots have been cooking in the oven for 15 minutes, remove baking pan and stir carrots so the browned bottoms are facing up. Pour half of the sauce over the carrots, and return baking pan to the oven. Cook 15 additional minutes, stirring halfway through, or until carrots are tender and browned in places.
- Remove baking pan from the oven and transfer cooked carrots to a plate. Pour remaining sauce over top, and garnish with additional coarse salt and pepper if desired.
“Regular” orange carrots also work great for this recipe. Add chopped fresh herbs for color if desired.